Monday, July 16, 2007

Part II - Lucky....In Memory

Earlier post I had mentioned that I will be updating Lucky's latest pics,but I have changed my mind coz ..... , let's read the story:-

13/7/2007 - I did not go to KSP Dinner at KL Convention Centre..my husband did not giving me the permission to go..he wanted to spend more time with me & Lucky I guess...as for that reason, I gave my 100% focus on Lucky as she was injured and need more attention...When I reached home, I immediately prepare food & medicine to be given to Lucky..she still dont eat & drink...me and husband so worried about her...she must be in pain..half of her body was like dead..poor her!...can you imagine,she have to drag half of her body to move..what concerned me was, her eyes dont seem to function well...because whenever I tried to give her drink,she was like searching for it...and when she sleeps, her eyes were not closed.I was getting worried...and was hoping everything going to be fine...after gave her the medicine, I put her back to the cage to let the medication to take effect and to let her have some rest...

14/7/2007 - as usual after subuh prayer, I started to do some cleaning in the house..then I saw lucky was trying to lift her body to move coz she looked uncomfortable with her position...then I saw her urine stain on the paper that I put on the cage floor...it was like a mixture of urine and blood...I was so worried..then, i took her out of the cage, to give her more space to move...she actually did urine but her urine did not look normal...I told my husband that we need to bring her to clinic again for further check-ups..few days on medication but her condition remain unchanged..we still have to force her to eat and drink..same goes to medication...I dont want let her suffer for that..then, around 2 pm, we went to the clinic located at SS3..unfortunately the clinic was already closed.. (they put a notice there" we have moved to ....), owh great!!..how can we find other vet clinic around there...??..I tried to sms my friend and get him to search for me on the net the address of all the vet clinic in PJ (SS area)...around 20 mins after that I received some of the address...and I have chosen Sea Park Animal Polyclinic 49 Jalan SS2/3, since we were near to this area...before we headed there, I called the clinic for a direction to get there...we arrived there around 3:30 pm...after the doctor examined her (lucky) body, he said that half of lucky's body were paralysed and because there was a damaged in her nerve system...the spinal cord I guess...she also lost her vision and the saddest thing was....her bladder was dysfunctional...that's a reason she can't pass her urine...and the infection from the bites had spread ....once it goes to the kidneys ..her kidneys will shut down and she will die....as for that reason, the doctor gave me 2 options..first, 5-days aggressive treatment to try to slower the infection and try to save her live..but the chances were 50-50...if she stays alive, she will permanently paralysed and if not she will die...second, put her to sleep...me and husband took like half an hour to decide on that...I asked the doctor again whether I have other options..the doctor given me no choice...finally we have decided to put her on sleep...we dont want her to suffer anymore..if she stays alive...she cant walk,cant urine, cant eat & drink...she will depends on water & food dripping to continue her life...why should we let her suffer like that...she deserves a better life..she supposed to have a normal life like any another cats out there....our decision were very hard...and without I realized, my tears dropped...I really hope that we made the rite decision...may lucky rest in peace....

No comments: