Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Symptoms or Insanity?

I can't help myself thinking of what happened the past 2 weeks...I wasn't sure whether I had a miscarriage or I am actually not pregnant!!

Last 2 weeks, my menstrual delayed for a week..usually only 2-3 days delayed...what concerned me a lot was the symptoms..

Well, I have heard from many sources that you aren't supposed to have pregnancy symptoms until the 6th week.

Maybe I am hypersensitive, maybe I'm totally in tune with my body or maybe I'm freaking crazy of getting pregnant..huhuhu....So be it.

For the last 2 weeks, I was having what I would like to think are symptoms:

1. Queasy - okay, not full on nausea but definitely this feeling like a lump in my throat that wants to turn into nausea but holds back coyly. Eating something makes it feel better, then I get to burping burping burping..

2. Gassy - my stomach like being ripping apart and I guess my gastric started to hit me again

3. Laziness - Not into housework like I used to ..(haihh..I ni rajin sangat tau,tak dok diam selagi rumah tu tak super shiny). In addition to that,I am easily get tired (buat ni penat..buat tu penat...asik asik ingat bantal & katil jer..hehe)

4. Sleepy - this is not my favourite hobby though, but the last 2 weeks making this one of my favourite do's...I can sleep while watching tv and sometimes the worst part is I can fall asleep while talking to my hubby...not so me!!.

Besides that, I also experienced constipation..hehe...I guess enough for me to mention the word without elaborating it further..

What makes me think that I'm pregnant??...here goes the story;

I went to Sunway Lagoon with my family during the school holidays 2 weeks ago. That time my mestrual was delayed for 5 days and I did not suspect anything..just that I was not in the mood to play any games in the park...I'd rather walk around with my mom & sister and watched my younger bro & nieces playing in the pool...

The next day, I visited my husband's panel clicnic because I was having a fever since the day before yesterday...the doctor suddenly asked me are you pregnant??..God,I didn't mention anything about nausea or any other symptoms I had...but I refused to scan even though the doctor insist me to go for a scan..he said that if I am pregnant my pregnancy is already 2 weeks old...erm,hard to believe rite?but what made him asked me that Q??..my temperature and blood pressure seem to be normal but a bit low... however I still refused to find out because I did not want to put too much hope on it..!But then, after a thorough thinking,I decided to run the pregnancy test on my own... When I reached home, I did a DIY test using the pregnancy stick which I bought at the pharmacy. After I took the urine sample, I tried the test and the result was negative...only one line appeared..


DIY Pregnancy Test


Negative (-) Result - Not Pregnant


Back to the story, the next day..I experienced a bit pain in my stomach and when I went to the toilet I found a blood clots (coagulated) on the floor as big as China on the map.I was really panicked as I never had this blood clot during my menstrual in my life..

For that reason, recently I do some readings on miscarriage from the Internet - http://www.hcd2.bupa.co.uk/ ..It says:

"The most common symptoms of miscarriage is vaginal bleeding, which can range from light spotting to heavier than a period. You may see blood clots, brown discharge or other tissue that is not clearly identifiable"...

This doesn't include situations where you lose a fertilized egg before you get a positive pregnancy test. Studies have found that 30 to 50 percent of all fertillized eggs are lost before a woman finds out she's pregnant because they happen so early that she goes on to get her period about on time.

I called my mom to checked on this situation and she suggested me to see gynae for further check-ups..I need possibly an examination, some tests and investigations may be needed to find out what is happening.I think I have experienced missed miscarriage..and from my readings from the Internet, the treatment for this will be treatment with medicines or surgery to remove the remaining pregnancy tissue or excess blood.

Whatever it is...I need to find out from the gynaecologist whether I had a miscarriage or just my insanity to get pregnant!

InsyaAllah, hope everything going well for me...I prefer to let nature take its course...

No comments: