Sunday, June 15, 2008

Short Trip to Holland (Day 2)

On the next day (6 February 2008), after breakfast, my hubby told me to go for a tour around Arnhem City. I went to the reception counter at the lobby to get some info on some of the nice places I can go for a tour & the public transportation available to get there. The guy gave me some brochures of the places, city map and printed out the bus schedule for me.bukan takat provide info jer, siap kasik tips lagi...best betul..senang nak travel because I have a bus schedule with me...unlike in Malaysia, susahnya nak tgk bas tu ikut schedule...Then,I went to room to dress up and get all the my stuff before I went out for a tour...boringnya terpaksa jalan sorang..but am already get used to it...so no big deal for me. cuma yang x bestnyer tang nak bergambar...terpaksa la amik bergambar sensorang...Based on the info & map the guy at the hotel gave me, I decided to go to Burger Zoo..I thot I wanted to go to National Park but since that guy said it will took me 1 hour/approx.40 km and 2 buses, I cancelled the intention to go there that..The guy told me it'd be better to spend time at the national park the whole day...whole day?alone?might be fun but boring...according to the brochure,from November to March the opening hours for the park will be from 9 am to 6 pm...lain season lain operating hours..admission fee for adults is euro 7 (including museum)...my plan that time was to go with hubby after he completed his assignment...

my breakfast..cereals,bread,raisins croissant, milk, pure orange juice,coffee

my favorite yogurt with fruits...

Without wasting more time, I took a bus to Burger Zoo. To go to the zoo you can either take bus no.3/13...In Malaysia the famos bus run by RapidKL but in The Netherlands it runs by Connexxion. The bus fare is euro 1. That's the only bus you can see on the road and using electricity to generate the bus. Most people in Netherlands use bicycle, motorcycle and some of them just love to walk. So the journey from Arnhem to Burger Zoo is approx. less than 30 mins. I took the bus no. 3 and it took me directly to Burger Zoo. The admission fee to the zoo is euro 16,50 = RM 79.20 (1 euro = RM 4.8, based on the exhange rate that time). Ni kalau zoo kat Malaysia harga mcm tu...mmg x masuk zoo sampai bila bila la jawabnya..hehe.Guess what, the zoo is so big they have divided into few parks.gabungan 6 jenis wildlife dalam tu...haa,konsep park dalam zoo la...konsep zoo tu pon "a trip around the world in just one day"..meaning,takyah le nak gi desert semata2 nak tgk desert animals,xyah nak gi safari africa nak tgk haiwan safari..all in the zoo..you can visit all types of animals in the world in a day...sempat la snapped few photos of the animals.one of them,as shown below..hehe

Skinny Safari Lion...

I was in the zoo for 5 hours...I travelled each park in the zoo; Burger's Zoo,Burgers' Safari,Burgers' Bush,Burgers' Desert,Burgers' Ocean and Burgers' Mangrove...but I had a lot of fun looking at those animals.

signage to Burgers' Ocean

Burgers' Zoo's toilet..very unique!!

Formation of rock at Burgers' Zoo...nice architecture

Around 3p I headed back to the hotel...I was worried that my hubby would call me.I took the same bus,bus no. 3 to the hotel. When I reached my room, I saw there were 2 messages on the bedside table next to the phone. Both were from supplier's office Besi (known as Fico).

First message: From Mr Hakim. You will be picked up between 15.oohrs - 16.00hrs

Second message: Please call Mr Ronald from Fico

My hubby called twice but I was not in the room. I tried to call him and Mr Ronald was on the line. He then passed to hubby. My hubby asked me to dress up and wait at the hotel lobby in 20 minutes because Mr Ronald would like to bring all of us (including engineers Azmi & Jamri from Phillips for the same purpose as hubby; to buy off machine)to Germany.25 km from Arnhem (Dutch/Germany border via the E35)...He wanted to show us German castle.We arrived there a bit late as it was already dark..the castle was surrounded by water.It was nice even though I could not see it clearly...We walked thru the path where it was muddy...because of the rain earlier in the morning.The weather, it was so cold. I can't believe that I was in Germany. We snapped some photos ..unfortunately my camera was running out of battery.So,I had ask Azmi to snap few photos of me & hubby around the town...Azmi,jika anda membaca blog ni,mana gambar kitaorg?..

Later at nite, Mr Ronald brought us for dinner at Wok Masters (Oriental Restaurant) in Zevenaar...approx. 1 hr from Arnhem. It owned by a chinese..The interior of the retaurant was outstanding.....the food was great...very fresh..all you got to do is to choose the dish that you want and they will fry for you in the wok..then you can choose the sauce to be taken with your dish..Azmi & Jamri did not eat those dish..was was kata diaorang..so..me,hubby & Ronald je yang bedal...hehe..anyway,Ronald was the one who bought us the dinner.So,to show our appreciation we had to pleasure him at least...

Then,around 11p, Ronald sent us back to hotel. Me & hubby headed to our room and went to bed.It was so tiring..but we had a lot of fun.. ;)

Wok Masters - Orientaals Wok Grill Restaurant. website: http://www.wokmasterszevenaar.nl/

No comments: